The Center for Global Sustainability conducts various research and projects related to sustainable development issues such as climate change.
The center works closely with various international organizations as well as Korean domestic organizations and NGOs.
National Research Projects
The center carries out SDG-related research services ordered by the Korean government and public sector with various researchers.
- Research on establishing strategy to support overseas expansion of climate and environment industry (Ministry of Environment)
- Research on ways to revitalize the energy and environment technology industry in response to climate change (Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy)
Project on Research
The center proceeds knowledge exchange and dialogue on progress towards the SDGs, with a focus on efforts to build more resilient infrastructure, promote good governance, and operationalize partnerships that will accelerate attainment of the SDGs by 2030.
- Trajectories on SDGs ( World Bank Group )
- Strategic planning for building more resilient infrastructure in Asia ( Asia Development Bank )
- Export of medical education system and health insurance system to developing countries ( Asia Development Bank )
- Research on low carbon development paths, and supports integration of climate resilience ( UNEP DTU Partnership )
The center shares its experience and innovative approaches, particularly those that harness new analytical and scientific approaches to strengthen partnerships to support attainment of the SDGs for developing countries.
- Sustainable Development Goals in the Republic of Korea (Routledge, London, 2018)